New Maternity Benefits!
Under Complete Ancillary family cover, mothers-to-be and new mothers can now access a range of new benefits to help families meet the costs associated with having a baby. Changes are effective retrospectively for services from 1 July 2009.
Previously benefits were available just for pre-natal classes, with a benefit of up to $18 per class. The new benefits are now available for the following services/items:
- Pre & Post Natal Classes
- Settling Classes
- Lactation Consultations
- Appliances for hire or purchase
- Blood Glucose Monitor
- TENS Machine
- TED stockings
- Breast Pump
- Infant Sound and Respiartory Monitor (to help in the prevention of SIDS)
Benefits available are 80% of the cost, up to a maximum of $500 per family membership.
Waiting periods are for 2 months for classes and consultations, and 12 months for the appliances.
The new maternity benefits were a result of feedback in our past surveys.
Click here to see how what else we're doing in response to your feedback.
Other pregnancy related benefits already available that you might not have thought about…
Deluxe / Private Hospital:
- Residential care (such as at a Tresillian or Karitane Family Care centre) for mums and babies needing a break.
- In-hospital psychiatric visits
- Total Health for Hospital early discharge program
Complete Ancillary Cover:
- Chiro / Physio / Massage for parents and baby
- Prescribed Pregnancy Vitamins
- Psychology visits
- Home Nursing visits (ordered by your doctor)
- Midwife confinement, if not using an Obstetrician
(For services not covered by Medicare).